Don't Sing Mommy

It seemed criticism came from everywhere except for my adoring daughter. She has always thought and loudly articulated that I could do no wrong. "Mommy doesn't fart." "Mommy is beautiful." "Mommy is so smart."

Today, we're dancing in the hallway at our pretend ball with a Dixie Chicks CD playing. I was singing, "Ready, ready ready, ready to run..." It was a pretty fun time especially since my ball gown was my snuggie (awesome!)

Then she says, "Mommy, you don't need to sing. The lady that is on the CD can do the singing."

It was just a preschool version of the old, "Hey, Jo, who sings this? Why don't you LET them." All is lost. I'm just a day or two away from being an old, stinky, fart bag, no good singer who shouldn't even dance in a snuggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your feedback.