My Engagement to Terry Bradshaw

When I was little, I used to lay on the couch with my dad and watch the Steelers. I fell in love with Terry Bradshaw. All of those Superbowl wins as the quarterback were quite attractive to my preschool mind. He retired from pro-football and I was sad.

I asked my dad why he couldn't play anymore. My dad told me it was because Terry got old and had to wear eyeglasses. You can't play football with eyeglasses he told me.

But I still carried a Terry Bradshaw torch. My family made a rare trip to downtown Pittsburgh when I was about five-years-old. We went to watch a taping of a show called Pittsburgh's Talking.

Lynn Swan was on that program and we met him before the show. My mom told him about my plans to marry Terry. I was furious and made like I was going to attack my mother with the little pink umbrella I was carrying.

Surely, Lynn was best friends with Terry and told him all about this. Quarterbacks are always best friends with their receivers. But as time passed I began to realize: Terry Bradshaw is way too old for me. I'm glad I didn't connect with that umbrella, the failed engagement wasn't Mom's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your feedback.