All Alone and Doing Stuff

Yesterday was the very first day of kindergarten.  Little Julia got on the bus and rode off.  She was smiling, waving and blowing kisses.

I was very strong.  My husband perhaps should have attended Get Acquainted Day.  His eyes got a bit runny.  Before long he was off to work and I was left to my own devices.

Here's a day in the life of a stay-at-home mom without a kid to look after:

8:30 am - Found my fancy running shoes in the top of the closet.  After sufficient stretching I ran approximately 1/4 mile on level ground.  Nearing my home, I thought perhaps I was going to hyperventilate.  I had a stitch in my side and a sore throat.  Vowed to run again on Friday in some kind of half-baked three times weekly exercise scheme.

9:15 am - Got out the old solar clothes dryer and proceeded to hang the laundry out to dry.  The man from our western property line started yelling my name.  We had a shouting conversation about the likelihood of his activities digging with a backhoe infecting my laundry with dirt or stink.  It was determined that since it wasn't windy, he could dig away.  I pondered asking him what he's up to (could have been adult interaction) since he just filled in the same hole last month.

9:40 am - Made dentist appointment.

9:45 am - Called sister and friend due to feelings of loneliness.  Neither answered the phone.

9:47 am - Started to feel strange.  Similar to the feelings of anxiousness when Julia sleeps really late in the morning.  Really wished she was home.

9:50 am - Decided to go ahead and get dinner ready.  Assembled lasagna for the first time ever.  Cooked way to many noodles or perhaps used too few noodles in the making of said lasagna.  Cooked meat for tacos on Friday night.  Felt really domestic.

9:55 am - Realized it was almost 10 o'clock and not 11.  Felt a little sad.

10:30 am - Finished cooking and washed a tall stack of dishes.  Put more laundry out to dry.

11:05 am - Tried to watch The View.  It was a rerun with Kate Gosselin as a guest host.  Would rather have watched Word World.

12:00 pm - Folded laundry while watching the noon news.

12:30 pm - Ate lunch.

1:00 pm - Cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed and dusted upstairs.  Felt bored.

2:00 pm - Watered outside plants, brought in garbage can, sweated, brought in laundry.

2:30 pm - Took shower.

3:00 pm - Stared at laptop.  Started feeling happy.  Julia will be home in about an hour!

It's pretty dry compared to the days of staying home with a child to look after.  Anybody have a spare kid I could borrow?  Or a part-time job?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your feedback.