I can has kabobs?

Ever since we saw this Maximum Overload cartoon with Spiderman excitedly asking, "I can has kabobs?" of Wolverine who is using his knuckle blades as skewers, I can't think of kabobs in any other way. I don't even know what it means or why it's funny. But three days into the first week of my ImmunoCalm diet I realized.... I can has kabobs. Me! I can!

Inspired by the recipe inside a Sam's Club box of Dole pineapple chunks....

Jo's Kabobs

1 jar Dole Pineapple chunks, drained, reserve some for marinade
2 T sunflower oil
2 lbs. pork tenderloin
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 green bell peppers cut into half-inch pieces
1/4 cup melted butter

Combine two tablespoons of pineapple juice with sunflower oil. Pour over meat pieces in a shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.

So I was kind of tired after my vacation and decided to marinate my meat in pineapple juice and melted butter.
The butter re-hardened in the refrigerator. Duh! So my marinade wasn't super successful, but my kabobs were still delicious.
Assemble meat, pineapple chunks and tomatoes on skewers. Grill on direct heat with the lid open for about 15 minutes. Rotate the skewers every four minutes or so and brush with the melted butter.

I made a skewer of BBQ pork for those less adventurous family members. I also went light on the green pepper as I'm the only one that will eat cooked green pepper.
Serve on a bed of rice.

It was fun to experiment with the different flavor combinations, green pepper and pineapple, who knew? Julia had absolutely no interest in this except being thrilled that I put out raw veggies and didn't require her to even try the cooked ones. I call that picking my battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your feedback.