Gluten-free, Soy-free Creamed Chicken Over Biscuit

I toil over most everything I eat these days, spurning most all box mixes and convenience foods. It's ironic, considering I was once skewered for consuming toaster waffles. Maybe that's what created my  *perceived* food intolerances in the first place. (I'm coming around to the idea that this is all in my head.)

Anyway, Campbell's cream soups have been off the menu for quite some time. Leftovers from a SAMs Club rotisserie chicken caused a significant comfort food craving. Combined with cheapness (I just can't justify the cost of that Bisquick Gluten Free Biscuit Mix), my new favorite creamed chicken over biscuit was born. It was almost as easy as opening the cream of mushroom can I used to use for this recipe. I'm lying. It's easy, but not that easy.

Gluten-free Biscuits


3/4 flour (King Arthur Gluten-free multipurpose is my favorite)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
2 T melted butter
1/2 c milk

Mix everything together, drop it onto a greased or parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.

Creamy Chicken Sauce

1/3 c butter
1/3 cup rice flour
2 c chicken broth (check the label for sneaking soy ingredients and pick one that doesn't have any)
2 c heavy cream
1 clove garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
shredded chicken

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the rice flour and stir to combine into a lovely roux. Slowly add the chicken broth and stir to thicken. Stir in heavy cream, minced garlic, salt & pepper. Heat, stirring frequently, until thickened. Add shredded chicken and stir to combine. Serve over biscuits


This was so yummy. There's nothing better for a rainy spring day. We're going to start having that again, right? Rainy days? It would be fancy to add frozen mixed vegetables to the sauce. I didn't do that. The gluten free biscuits were crumbly-ish, but with the rich creamed chicken it worked well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your feedback.